Whether you are dreaming of riding the waves or zipping across streets or sliding down the hill, longboards for surfing or skating are not too difficult to find. There are plenty of longboards for sale on the internet where you could get some excellent deals. Whether you are looking for surfboards or longboards skateboards you can get the best value for money, provided you know what kind of options you have and what to look for in the longboards for sale. Here is some basic information that you cannot do without:
- If you are thinking of taking up surfing lessons then buying used surfboards is a good option. However, make sure that your surfing school has longboard surfboards as size does matter. The right size of surfboard depends on your height and weight which in turn would impact the best width and length of the surfboard. The lighter you are the less thickness you would need to float on.
- There are plenty of surfboards for sale – both used and new in your local surf shop, eBay and Craigslist. While you save money, make sure that the surfboard is not over-used. Check the fins for cracks, feel the surface for ding repairs and for any soft spots.
- Beckersurf.com is the site for buying Becker surfboards, though this brand of surfboards is also available with other online merchants. Introduced in Hermosa Beach in California in 1974, Phil Becker has so far shaped over 100,000 boards – so when you buy this brand you know that high quality is assured.
- As far as longboard skateboards are concerned, you can again rely on online shops but check the item for the correct specifications, so that you but the right size and type. For example, the Gravity skateboards are one of the best known names in the world of skateboards for their superior quality and consistency of performance. This company is known to provide the widest range of innovative longboards in the industry.
- When looking for longboards for sale chances are that you are looking for something that is not overtly expensive. For cheap longboards, go for longboards made from natural wood. They are not only durable but also most suitable for recreational riders.
- When searching online for the longboards, look out for the best known brand name for high quality and impeccable performance. The brand name that tops the list is Sector 9 longboards. The company is based in San Diego, California and has been making longboards since 1993.
- Once you have developed the right skill for high-speed skating, go for loaded longboards, preferred by many expert longboarders especially during downhill riding.
- Depending on your level of expertise and experience, you could even go for a Arbor longboard made from real Hawaiian Koa wood that lends a clear grip. The Pin Carver is known for its magnificent tapered shape and shallow concave.
You have decided to take up longboarding as a hobby and have even found a school that can teach you the fine art of skating and surfing. While parameters like student to teacher ratio and accreditation of the school are deciding factors for you to select the school, perhaps the most important deciding factor is whether the school has enough longboard surfboards for the students. This is important because while surfboarding, size does matter. So, what is the right size of longboard surfboards that you need? It would largely depend on your height and weight. The taller and heavier you are, the thicker and longer the surfboard should be.
The size of the surfboard would always be important even when you have learnt the art of surfing and are now on the look out for surfboards for sale. If you have some money and are not strictly looking for used surfboards, you could get the widest selection of surfboards and find huge varieties of longboards for sale
at Beckersurf.com including the famous Becker surfboards known for its superior quality and functionality.
Longboarding has become one of the most popular outdoor sports in the country today. Whether you want to ride on the waves, glide down a hill or cruise on city streets, there is something for everyone, suiting a variety of purposes and skill levels. There are some branded products which are more popular than the others and they include Sector 9 longboards as well as the Arbor longboard and Gravity skateboards.
Skateboarding has been a popular sport since the 1980s. Similar to surfing, skateboarding involves riding a skateboard on land. But you can use skateboards to do stunts and tricks or simply ride them for fun. For stunts and tricks, longboard skateboards are not the right choice as shorter boards give the rider more maneuverability on ramps and do tricks like ollies, casper, flips and so on. Longboards skateboards are more for fun rides on the streets.
Loaded longboards on the other hand, is a type of longboard preferred by riders when they slide down a slope. Specially designed for high speed skating, the decks are also shaped and the trucks are positioned differently. These design innovations allow you more power to slide smoothly.
The internet is the best place to buy longboards online. If you visit eBay or Craigslist, you could get some really cheap longboards which may have had a previous owner but are still in impeccable condition.
Longboarding is one of the most engaging hobbies that have taken the young-at-heart by storm. Be it riding the waves or cruising on the streets or gliding down slopes, there are endless varieties of longboards for sale both at brick and mortar skateboard shops as well as online outlets. One of the best brands of longboards is unquestionably the Sector 9 longboards, known for its durability, quality and overall performance standards. Based in San Diego California, Sector 9 longboards have been engaged in this business from 1993 and today they also have a prominent presence in the export market.
Over and above Sector 9 longboards, brands like Arbor longboard, Becker surfboards and Gravity skateboards have also won user confidence and these brands are in high demand amidst surfboarding enthusiasts. All these brands assure you of supreme quality standards. For example, the Arbor brand of longboards are made from real Hawaiian Koa wood, the Becker brand of surfboards was started in 1958 by Phil Becker, who till date has shaped over 100,000 boards. Today Beckersurf.com is perhaps the largest online outlet selling the widest range of longboards, surfboards and skateboards.
If you are a beginner and would not like to spend a huge amount of money right at the beginning, you could get loads of information about used surfboards on the internet that can help you locate some really cheap longboards. Needless to mention, there is hardly any point in looking at surfboards for sale, unless you know what you want to buy and what to look for, in the product that you are going to use. Here is some useful information for beginners:
o Buying the most suitable longboard would largely depend on your existing skill level. For example, as a beginner you are not going to try coming down steep hills using your longboards. Once you become proficient in this sport, you need to go for loaded longboards that are exclusively used for rolling down steep surfaces.
o There are many skateboards that are styled after longboard surfboards. But these longboard skateboards are not for dong any tricks but excellent for riding down the hills or carving as you ride on the streets.
o Longboards skateboards should never be used for trick skating, as shorter skateboards are the best choice for this purpose. The reason is that shorter boards allow the rider to make swifter movements and perform stunts like ollies, flips, nosegrinds and so on.
There is no dearth of brands, styles and models to choose from in longboards or skateboards. Made from a variety of materials, these boards are best chosen when the style, material and design match your skill level. When buying online, take the help from a friend who knows about skateboards, be it new or used.